Friday, November 1, 2013

The Studio Challenge - Monochromatic

Hi Scrappers!

The last two days I had some free time, and since the weather was quiet cold outside, I decided to craft a bit. I was looking for another scrap challenge, and yesterday I found one, which is absolutely adorable! It's from The Studio Challenge and the theme is "monochromatic" (using different shades of one color). I really like that and most of my favorite layouts are quiet monochromatic. That's finally a reason to use a lot of my pink scraps :) 
I chose a bw-picture for a better matching. I get inspired by Anastasia's layout and the idea of using no black color in the whole layout except for in the picture. So I took the challenge and this is what I came up with:


I spent definitely a lot of time for this lo, because I created all of these flowers just for that layout (except the two white ones, these are Prima). Finally I could use most of pink scraps for the banner beneath the picture. 


I covered the edges of all the banner pieces with withe or pink stickles-glue to add a little bit of bling and shimmer. Besides, I did some hand stitching with light pink floss. 

dry embossing
Another fun detail is the dry embossing technique for the butterflies. I just punched out two different butterflies of some thicker cardstock. Then I put these pieces under my paper and dry-embossed it with an embossing pen. For finishing I lightly rubbed some ink with the ink blending tool to emphasize the outlines.  


Just as I said, I did all the flowers by my own for this layout using different patterned papers and cutting dies for my big shot. I inked all the edges with light pink and applied some gesso with a piece of foam to make them match. On top of that, I used some dry distressing glitter to create a frosted look (a lot of work as you can see!).




On these three pictures you can see some of the techniques I used for the background. I did some masking with stencils and molding paste, I applied some wrinkled newspaper and painted it with gesso and I used some of my glimmer mists to give the layout a bit more shimmer. Besides I did some fuzzy cutting with the two little birds. 

title
For the title I used my K&Company label maker from the SMASH! series. This was just the perfect purpose to use it, since it creates withe lettering and I didn't want to use black for my layout. 

This time I signed my layout with my new stamp :)
At the end, I could use my very own new stamp with the address of my blog :)
On the picture you can see my fiancé, he's sitting in the garden of his parents, doing some day-dreaming (thought he must be thinking bout me ;)) 

Hope you like my layout! 

4 comments:

  1. Adorable page ♥ Thanks for playing at The Studio Challenges ♥ Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great techniques used here! LOVE how that trail of blooms draws the eye right to your photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete