Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Finished Mixed Media Canvas #GerryvanGent

Hey Scrappers!

Today I finished - just as promised - my mixed media project from the workshop last weekend with Gerry van Gent. For the base we took a "canvas board" (don't know the exact description), and prepared the edges with some molding paste for more dimension. After heat-setting and distressing the edges, we started with the background. We used some papers from the "Lyric Collection" by Prima Marketing, as well as some Prima stamps and flowers.


I just layered some distressed paper pieces and placed my photo on top of that. I like the result, as it looks really vintage and shabby. Gerry gave us another good tip for bringing some more dimension to your projects as you can see in the close-up:


these clocks are just stamped with Archival Ink on plain cardstock and punched out with a circle punch.  After that I dry-embossed the clocks from the back with an embossing pen on a soft foam-mat (like the piercing-mat from "sew easy"). This gives you just the dimension you want. After that I fixed every clock with a few foam-squares on the layout. An easy way to create your very own embellishment!




In the last picture you can see a cute heart-lollypop. I also made this by myself; I'll explain how:
You'll need a toothpick, some paper scraps, a little paper-punch, some glue and some glitter if you like it shiny.
First punch out two small paper-pieces with your favorite punch. I like to use some small hearts or stars for the lollypops (here I used the small heart-punch from stampin' up). After that, you glue the two paper pieces together, with the toothpick in between. If you don't like glitter, you're already done, it's just that easy! If you want to get it shiny, just cover one side of the paper with some liquid glue, like glossy accents or tacky glue from Aleene's. If you don't want to have glitter anywhere else on your project, let the glue dry and cover your glitter with another layer of transparent glue like glossy accents. It will look like an epoxy-sticker.

That's it for now! I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment