Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lets make cards series Part 3: "Merry Christmas again"

Hey everyone, this is part three of my kraft card making series and I've got three christmas cards to share with you again. 


For the first one I used patterned 6x6 paper from the DIY Shop by Crate Paper for the background. I put a piece of kraft cardstock on top, stamped a few different snowflakes and doilies with Versamark Ink and heat embossed them with white fine embossing powder. To finish that card of, I added a heat embossed sentiment and a bow with some bakers twine and a button. 


The second card is pretty simple - I just cut out three circles in different sizes from green shiny cardstock and added patterned paper scraps behind each one. After that I applied a tiny bow on the top of each ornament and drew some faux stitching lines around with my white gel pen. At the end, I heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder on a piece of vellum and glued it at the bottom of the card.


The last card I really like the best. It's a scrap lift of a card which I found on the Hero Arts blog. I really love the wreath and the color combo. To create that wreath, I punched out a lot of branches in two different tones, as well as a few little stars in silver and pearlescent rose paper. A few of the stars are covered with silver glitter and a few are covered with stickles in Diamond. Before I glued down the branches, I spritzed a little bit of pearlized water on the background for some extra shine. I added again some faux stitching around the edge of that card with my white gel pen and added a christmas sentiment above a piece of ribbon. 


And that's a closer view on the pretty little wreath. 
I hope you enjoyed these cards, thank you for stopping by and hope to see you soon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment