Hi Scrappers!I'm back with another layout for Sketchabilities... Like always, they have an amazing sketch to work from! I had another photo from the marriage of my parents, which is very vintage, I used that for my project. I tried to keep the colors quiet similar and matching and used therefore very soft and light colors like gray, pink and off-white. Here's my creation:
The picture is veeery vintage, like the one in my mixed media canvas some days ago. I didn't want to use the original, because it's in our family album and I didn't want to remove it from there. That's why I scanned it and printed it out with my ink-jet printer at home on some photo-paper. For the background I used different papers from DCWV from the lace and linen stack. I made the roses by myself using off-white cardstock and the roses creation dies by Donna Salazar. I covered the edges of the rose petals with stickles (icicle and frosted lace) to add some glitter.
On two corners of the background I used a Crafters Workshop mask and some silver modeling paste to make it more interesting. Besides, I inked all the edges with a Prima chalk ink (attic dust).
This time I did a lot of background work. You can't see it a lot because it's hiding a little bit behind the paper layers and the photo. First I used another mask from Crafters Workshop (gears) and applied some gesso with a sponge. This made a very soft background and you couldn't barely recognize the gears. I decided to apply another layer of paint, this time some distress ink (pumice stone) with the same mask. This created a cool look, since the gesso came out more and gave it a really layered look. After letting it dry, I stamped some gears and clocks with Adirondack sepia ink.
On some spots I stamped blotches with Versamark ink and added some distress embossing powder to it for more texture. For an even more distressed look I scratched some spots with the end of my Prima Marketing distressing tool. I applied some half-pearls on the "fake"-ribbon to give it more dimension (the ribbon is just a printed scrapbook-paper ;))
Here you can see my dictionary stamp by Kaisercraft at the background. I used again pumice stone distress ink, but applied it very uneven to create that worn look. For the "bling" I added some doodles with my platinum liquid pearl. I die-cut the gears from structured vanilla cardstock, inked it with pumice stone, misted it with perfect pearls mist (pewter) and rubbed on a little bit of Inka Gold (silver) with my fingers, to bring out the texture of the paper.
I wanted to add this layout to my current scrap-album, but after showing it to my parents, they wanted to keep it :) So I guess they'll hang it onto a wall like a painting ;) Well, no problem I'll create a new one.
That is the great sketch #106 I was inspired by:
Thanks for stopping by, and wishing you a great weekend!