Monday, November 11, 2013

Oh Snow! Two challenges at once

Hey Crafters!

I've had a fabulous weekend and a crafty sunday. It's getting really cold outside and I wanted to create a winter layout. I found that amazing sketch-challenge at StuckOnUSketches and just joined in! Besides I used the word "inspire" in my subtitle, so I joined the Bird is the word challenge, too :) Just a great thing to combine these two wonderful challenges in one layout.

I chose a two-year old picture from our farewell weekend with my classmates. We were in a cottage and all throughout the night it started two snow like crazy. On the next day we made ourselves a cold white buddy :) It was a really nice weekend and I enjoy remembering our time.


I used some plain chipboard pieces from Maya Road and covered them with gesso. Once the letters were dry, I used some withe Distress Stickles to give them a snowy look. 






Two of the snowflakes were wooden embellishment, which I first covered with some pigment ink, and after that I used some Perfect Pearls to make them shine.





In the middle of my snowflakes I put some light blue and blue crystals. For the background, I did some masking with molding paste and spritzed some silver Perfect Pearls Mist, to make everything match together. I did the masking on the background paper as well as behind the picture. You can't see a lot of it, but I really like how it turned out. 



That's it for now! Have a great day you guys and thanks for stopping by! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty this pink snowy page is! Great photo and take on the sketch..Love that border punch. Thanks for playing along at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty back ground , love you colour combination , with the pink it dose not look too cold. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I love the soft colors and what a great photo too.. and thanks for joining in at BITW too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, like it a lot, very good colors...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout with lots of fun details. I love the altered chipboard pieces and the little vellum snowmen. so glad you joined us at Bird is the Word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the sketch Monika! Loving all the tags, the doily and the border punch is gorgeous. Great work with the chipboard too. Thanks for joining us at SOUS! Hope to see you again, soon... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Mrs scrapalot, love that title! And love your layout and title, great fun. Glad to see you joining in with us at SOUS - Caroleanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable snow themed layout..
    thanks for sharing this with us girls over at Stuck On U Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This photo is adorable! And the page is of little lovely details. I love the colors you used. Great job with the sketch.
    Eli (SOUS)

    ReplyDelete