Monday, November 25, 2013

Cardabilities #87

Happy Monday Crafters :) 

Today we had the first snow! Winter's coming and I'm getting prepared for Christmas. I created this vintage looking card tonight for the Cardabilities #87. My first card for a challenge by the way :) Besides I was on a Creativity fair this weekend and bought a lot of stuff on sale. I guess you can call it a big haul ;) 


The best thing about this card is, that I could use a lot of my scraps. Only for the base I needed a new piece of cardstock. For the background I used creme paper with tiny grey dots and painted it in the middle with gesso. After that I applied some pearl molding paste to create the snowflakes. In this case I created my own stencil by using a thick piece of cardstock and my Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers. 
I looked for some Christmas stamps in my stash and just found out that I haven't any with Christmas sentiments ^^ But since I absolutely wanted to use one, I just wrote it by hand :) This took me a bit of time, but I really like the result.





And that's their awesome sketch for the card: 

Thanks for stopping by and have great week :) 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Thank you for playing at Cargabilities this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice white and silver card!
    Thank you for playing with us at Cardabilities.
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete