Monday, October 6, 2014

Let's make cards series Part 1: "Masculine Birthday"

Hi everyone, I've been doing a looot of fun cards during the last two weeks. I already started to create Christmas Cards, since it's not that far away. I lately fall in love with kraft cardstock, so all my card bases are made out of it. I cut a 12x12 heavy kraft cardstock into three strips that are 4 inches wide and folded them in half. This way my cards open vertically - I think that this looks great on every shelf and table :) 

So let's go ahead and let me show you what I've created! The first card is the only one which opens horizontally. It's great for every masculine celebration. I made mine for a birthday. 


I just sketched a a tie on some paper scraps and used it as a template on patterned paper. I used neutral colors to make the card more masculine. The stamp sentiment is from MFT (just love this birthday set).


I added tiny dots of liquid pearls on the ties as a finishing touch (I used the colors Garnet, Avocado and Copper). Underneath the ties I used linen twine.


On the inside of the card I used a big sentiment and heat embossed it with embossing powder in dark copper. This stamp is from the same set by MFT as the above mentioned. 


For this card I created five candles by rolling up some patterned paper. In the middle of the rolls I glued a bit of twine to make the candles more realistic. I've created a very similar one a few weeks ago for a friend of mine. 


The stamps are from MFT, too. I inked up all the edges with Distress Ink for a vintage feel and at the end, I "stitched" copper effect twine trough the holes of my card topper for some extra shine.


The next card is for all the Daddy's out there. I created my background by using texture paste by Ranger and a stencil from Hero Arts on some watercolor paper. After letting it dry, I inked it with Distress Inks and a Mini Ink Blending Tool to create a nice graduated effect. I used the colors peeled paint, peacock feathers, salty ocean, broken china and dusty concord (from top to bottom).


Before letting the ink dry I spritzed some pearlized water on top to give it a little bit of more interest. Then I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment by Papermania with silver embossing powder and added a bit of ribbon. I die cut the stars with my Bigz Die "Crescent Moon & Stars" on paper which I've covered with double sided adhesive tape. After removing the protection cover, I put sprinkled fine glitter over the stars and rubbed it in with a bone folder, so that the glitter won't come off. By the way you could use this card for Father's Day, too. 

So that was part one, thank you for stopping by and I hope you'll come back for part two!

Hugs, Mrs. Scrapalot

No comments:

Post a Comment