Thursday, December 26, 2013

Scrap your travels - Switzerland

Hey Scrappers, during the holidays I had some more free time for being creative, so I joined another sketch challenge, this time from My Creative Sketches. Since I have a lot of pictures from our travels this year, I wanted to use one of these photos. I decided to take one from Switzerland, where we were hiking during the summer. The mountains are wonderful and we had a great time there. Here's what I created:


I used mainly two papers from the Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic collection and distressed all the edges. I applied some gesso and some molding paste on the background paper to make the front more pop and to add some contrast, since the colors of the papers are quiet similar.


these teal thickers matched just perfectly with the background and the picture.


I added here and there some tickets and travel embellishment.


I stitched down the brown paper by hand with some aqua thread.


The film strip is a die-cut from Tim Holtz. I glued an old hiking-map behind it and added some journaling on top of it. 

This is the sketch my layout relies on:

Thanks for watching!


1 comment: