Monday, November 18, 2013

☆ Arabian Nights ☆

Hey Scrappers,

I hope you had a great start into your week :) Today I wanted to get along with a color and a sketch challenge. The color challenge is from ScrapFriends and the sketch challenge from Stuck?!Sketches, and that's my take on these two challenges: 



The color scheme from Scrapfriends (black, dark grey-blue, light grey, curry, light grey-blue) is really cool and I've never used these colors on a layout before. I took two pictures, which were taken in Egypt on market at night. We drank some black tea and enjoyed an arabian show. What a great night! All these bright colors and lights were really stunning and beautiful. Since the colors of the pictures match perfect with the color scheme of Scrapfriends, I used them for this layout.  






For the title I used some acrylic letters from Maya Road and sponged them a little bit with InkaGold (some gold wax from Viva Decor).


I used the new "moon and stars" Bigz die from Sizzix to cut out these tiny stars in different sizes and covered them with some "mustard seed" Distress stickles. 


The chipboard banner piece is an embellishment from MME; I just put some twine through it an made a bow.


For the background I used again a stencil and some molding paste, which I mixed with some acrylic paint to give it this dark yellow look. After that, I stitched a huge circle with some darker yellow sew-easy floss. 


The stars below were from the Sizzix cutting die, too; I just painted some dots with Liquid Pearls on them.


For the background I used a StudioCalico paper from the Aboard series; for the layering I used patterned paper from the MME series "find your wings and fly". 

Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful week! 
I hope you enjoyed my work :) 

5 comments:

  1. Great layout, love all the texture, those alphas are amazing especially with the gold sponged on! Thanks for linking up with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! love the texture! Thank you for linking up with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! Love your mixture of textures, you did an awesome job with the molding paste. Thanks for joining in at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great explanation of how you put this page together, & the colours are just great for our Scrap Friends challenge...love your stitching & bg work with the mask....& I LOOOVE your blog title:):):) Fabulous:) Thanks for joining us at SF:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful details in your layout! Great colour combinations. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete