Saturday, October 26, 2013

birthday card with cute owl

Hey Scrappers :)

This week we celebrated my best friends birthday and I created a birthday card for her. Since she has the most beautiful big eyes I've ever seen, we call her our owl :D And that's the reason, why I wanted to do a card with a cute owl. This time I made the card rather clean and simple than shabby.


 
This is the inside of the card: 


and here's one close-up: 


First I was looking for some paper with a wooden pattern, to create the background of the outside of the card. Then I punched out a scalloped circle for the owl-hole :) I cut out the owl by hand because I don't have any cutting die for my Sizzix in that shape. I looked up a template in internet. For the journaling I used some with cardstock and inked the edges with turquoises ink to make it match with the background. We have given my friend a voucher for a pair of glasses, that's why the owl wears some glasses, too :) For the front of the card I used some adhesive polkadot-ribbon to complete the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment